Friday, July 13, 2007

Summer Activities from A to Z

So I am reading a new book. What can I say? I'm a teacher; I read during the summer. Anyway, in this book, the characters decide to use the letters of the alphabet to plan their weekend activities. While reading last night, I began to think that it was a pretty good idea. At this point, I still have about six weeks left in my summer vacation (sounds like a lot, but it will surely fly by). Therefore, I have compiled a list of things to do and places to go over the next six weeks that begin with the letters of the alphabet. As of right now, the list is incomplete because I haven't come up with ideas for every letter. I have no idea what I'll do for Q, X, and Z. I figure I'll talk to my friends and see if they can come up with any ideas. Of course, my activities and trips won't be as wonderful as the ones discussed in the book, especially since the book characters took trips to places like Paris and Italy. Still, I figure it can lead to a lot of fun and to some stories to tell. My hope is that my friends will take a look at the list and pick some excursions they would like to join me on. I'll keep you posted!!

7 comments:

the cat is back said...

you could add under "k", kickball practice to become MVP this year. :)

the cat is back said...

Karen suggested maybe you could put Jogging for "J" and Quiet Time for you for "Q" as some possiblities. You could also put "Jillians" for "J" too, ever been there at Waterside?

Princess Betsy said...

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies! I haven't been to Jillians, but I've always wanted to go. Just four letters left!!

CrAzY KiCkErs KiCkBaLL TeAm said...

Bring it STACEY, YOU VS. ME for MVP!

CrAzY KiCkErs KiCkBaLL TeAm said...

(oh, Crazy Kickers was me, Kellie, sorry!)

Princess Betsy said...

Sheesh, Kellie! I thought we were friends and that it could be a "friendly" competition.....I don't feel that way any longer! It is ON!!!

Kellette said...

Bring it!