Monday, July 9, 2007

So I have decided to start a blog. It seems like all of the "cool" kids are doing it, so I am jumping on the bandwagon. If it is anything like writing in a journal or a diary, I probably won't keep up with it, but I'll give it a try anyway.Last week, I finally moved into my very own house. I started looking for a house last summer, but due to my lackluster salary (you don't go into teaching for the money), I was unable to qualify for much of anything. After letting the market cool off for a year, receiving a slight salary increase, and shopping around for the perfect loan, I have a house. I really love it. It is a good size for me and the dog, although the yard may be a little more than I want to mow every week. Still, I am nearly done decorating it. I really only need some placemats and a tablecloth for the dining room and a bedroom set for the master bedroom (which will have to wait until I've saved some money). Other than that, everything is set. I think my family and friends would agree that the decor is very me, even if my mom and sister wouldn't decorate exactly as I did. The best part....I am no longer in an apartment. No loud neighbors below or beside me, no three flights of stairs to climb multiple times a day, and no rent being wasted monthly. Money will probably be tight for awhile, but it will certainly be worth it in the long run. I am definitely an adult now!!! A special thank you to my mom for helping to make it all possible though. While I may be an adult, I'll always need her. Love ya, MOM!

No comments: