Wednesday, July 11, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CATTINA!!

Today is the birthday of one of my oldest friends, Cattina! Cattina and I have been friends since we worked together at the Navy Exchange my senior year in high school. We lived just around the corner from each other for a long time without really hanging out, but then the Exchange helped us to become friends. In fact, I even played a very small part in Cattina's engagement. I relieved her from the "dirty mart" so that her now husband would be able to propose. I just wish I had been able to witness the proposal instead of working on base with the roaches and dirty laundry! Still, I got to be present for Allen and Cattina's wedding, and it was beautiful! Sadly, soon after the wedding, Cattina and I lost touch. There was no particular reason for this loss of contact, just that both of us were living busy lives. As luck would have it though, Cattina got in touch with my sister on myspace, and she soon contacted me to play on the kickball team she was starting with her husband (Go Crazy Kickers!) Since then, we have been hanging out again, and I have been introduced to many of her great friends and family members. I look forward to staying friends with Cattina from now on, especially now that she has a little baby on the way. She is going to be an absolutely fabulous mother! Happy Birthday, Cattina!!!

1 comment:

the cat is back said...

Thank you Stacey! And thanks for lunch that day too. I am adding a link to your blog from my page.