Tuesday, August 7, 2007

DANG, It's HOT!!

I am sure most would agree with me that it is just tooooo hot outside. I hate opening the door and feeling like I have walked into a brick wall. It is unbelievable that it is so hot outside that I start to sweat in the 20 or so steps that I have to take to my car. Then, the car offers no relief. I get inside and feel as though I have entered a sauna. Turning on the air conditioner offers very little relief (at first, anyway). It just blows a whole bunch of hot air when first turned on. Sheesh, it is just so much more comfortable to stay inside. I, for one, am very glad that I was born in a time with the convenience of air conditioning and ice machines. I don't really consider myself a pampered girly-girl, but I certainly am not a person that thrives in this kind of weather. I'll just consider myself lucky that I don't have a job that requires that I work outside (Allen and Preston) because I surely wouldn't make it through a single day. The funny thing is that I don't remember the heat bothering me so much as a kid. I was always outside, and it never bothered me! I guess a person's tolerance for heat is one thing that diminishes with age. Either that or we just can't get away with the cooling activities that we relied on as kids. After all, my neighbors may start to talk if I started running through a sprinkler or flying down a "Slip-n-Slide." I'll save myself that embarrassment and just stay inside.

3 comments:

the cat is back said...

I still chase after the icecream man, ask Allen...haha. And we totally need to set up a slip-n-slide in our backyard!

Emilie said...

WoW Stacey ... I remember being younger and not having the heat be an issue. You knew it was hot, it didn't discourage going outside and playing. It was an excuse to go from house to house getting ice pops!! :) Now we are old and jaded and live for air conditioning!! I can't stand it being this hot.

Princess Betsy said...

I am so glad you understand my pain, Emilie! But if Cattina is serious about setting up that slip-n-slide, I say we go for it! At least her huge backyard has a tall fence. My new neighbors would think me crazy!