Saturday, August 11, 2007

Cheers All Around!

In recent weeks, my friends and I have been going through a whole bunch of new experiences. Of course, you already know that I bought my very own new house, but congratulations are also in order for many of my friends. Hopefully I don't leave anything out. Please forgive me if I do! As I've already mentioned on here, two of my kickball friends, Cattina and Allen, are expecting their first baby in January. Yesterday, they found out that they are having a girl! This is very exciting news! I know the whole Crazy Kicker family is anxious to meet her (and to shop for her)! Closely connected to this are Preston and Karen, who will become first-time grandparents when the little one arrives at the beginning of next year! They will be fabulous at it, too! Another Crazy Kicker, Kellie, was recently hired to teach art, photography, and graphic design at Norview High, which is right by her house. She is going to be a fabulous teacher because she has a passion for the subject matter and for the kids! I certainly look forward to sharing and comparing stories with her in the upcoming year! On to Ben, yet another Crazy Kicker with something big going on. In fact, Ben is about to take the huge step into wedded bliss! In just two short weeks, Ben will be marrying his long-time girlfriend in Florida. While I will miss Ben and his extreme speed on the kickball field, I wish him every happiness with Patrice! Leaving the kickball team behind, more congratulations must be extended to my friend, Triva, who is one of my best friends from my time at Wesleyan! She and her husband, Chad, recently welcomed their second son, Noah, into the world. Noah joins older brother Logan in completing this family of four. Both of the boys are just adorable! Well, that is all I can think of right now. I am sure to have further updates soon, seeing as how we are all at that age when weddings and babies (anytime now, Sarah) are running rampant! I am so glad to get to share in all of these special times!

4 comments:

Kellette said...

Thanks Stacey! I know I was so proud of you that you bought your own place and did it on your own. We'll miss ya Thursday, but look forward to seeing you soon!!

Princess Betsy said...

Thanks, Kellie! I'll miss you all, too! I'll be back next week though! Let the MVP race begin! (I can't leave well enough alone)

Emilie said...

There are soo many great things happening. I second Stacey on all of her congratulations .. and offer another congratulations to her becoming a homeowner .. YAY!!

the cat is back said...

thanks for the kudos Stacey! And Kudos to you on your new place. I've seen it, and love it! And have fun in DC. I'll find out about goin to lunch Wed. I should be able to go as of now, but I'll let ya know!