Sunday, October 14, 2007

Last Weekend

Last weekend was such a great weekend that I figured all of you would want to hear about it! My cousin flew in from Massachusetts, and my Aunt Sara flew in from Iowa. My mom and I had not seen either of them since my Grandpa Harry died two years ago. It was soooo much fun to see them under happier circumstances. Every time we get together, it amazes me how we pick up right where we left off. It is never awkward like it can be with other people I haven't seen in ages! We spent the entire weekend catching up, talking about old times, laughing at each other, and simply enjoying each other's company! We spent Friday night (after they both got here) at my mom's house wearing matching pajamas my mom had bought us for the occasion. I think we could have talked all night without running out of things to say, but I had to come home so that Sampras could eat and powder his nose. We all got up early on Saturday and went to some antique stores (not my favorite but the other three collect them). We then took the ferry to Williamsburg from Smithfield Station, went shopping at the pottery and the outlets, and ended up at Macy's. It was a long day but tons of fun. On Sunday, we got up early again and went to church. Lindsay, my cousin, said she saw more young people walking into church that morning than she has seen in over two years at her house, so I am working on convincing her to move here. After church, we had hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill and headed to Home-a-Rama. While it was very interesting seeing all of the gynormous million dollar houses, I think they made all of us appreciate our cozy houses even more. Sadly, Sunday night saw the end of Lindsay's and Sara's visits. I had to go back to work on Monday, and they both had to fly home. Still, we have plans to get together each Columbus Day from now on. Plus, there is a good chance that Lindsay is going to come here for Thanksgiving this year. I'll just enjoy the pictures we took in the meantime! Nothing beats family!!!

1 comment:

the cat is back said...

sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Allen and I went to homearama last weekend...lots of walking, but we enjoyed it...some of those houses were waay over the top! lol. I like your PJ picture, very cute!! Its fun to have family visit you haven't seen in a long time.